Wide Open Space is a new all ages festival for Central Australia, showcasing inspiring local and national music and arts.
Held against the stunning backdrop of the East Macdonnell Ranges at the Ross River Resort 85 km from Mparntwe Alice Springs, Wide Open Space blends music, dance, art, environment, and desert culture with a unique outback camping experience.
The festival runs from May 1-3 2009 and features:
* Indigenous Opening ceremony and Welcome to Country
* Two Stages with a full line-up of live music, DJs, and performances with hip-hop headliners Urth Boy; dancehall maestro Mista Savona; Desert reggae blockbusters Tjupi Band, and festival beat master Spoonbill
* Colourful market place selling tasty treats, hand crafts and clothing from local and interstate designers
* Fantastic workshop program: Latin Dancing, Bush Medicine, Yoga, Hip Hop and a very special Indigenous Kin and Skin aka 'Perfect Match' workshop
* Kids space and activities
* 'Right Side of Wrong' Cocktail and Cabaret Lounge - bring your frocks & fascinators
* Late-nite Cinema
* Installation art, video and multimedia projections
* Fully licensed bar
* Shaded camping areas with camping included in the ticket price
* Focus on safe and healthy and fun social and natural environment, minimizing ecological footprint, and promoting local issues and initiatives
Wide Open Space will feed your mind, tickle your artistic fancy, fill your cultural deficit, get your booty shaking and share that unnameable expansive quality that we could only call Wide Open Space ‚Äì the mental, emotional, social, cultural, environmental and spiritual expanse of the desert.
3 days of local and interstate music and performers, market, camping, kids activities and workshops is included in the $60 pre-sale/$70 at the door ticket price ($40 single day ticket). Kids under 12 come free!
Tickets are available online from Greentix. Local presale tickets available from firstname.lastname@example.org